Spring Clean up Days
April 7, 2017
Planning Ahead? If you are ready to tackle your spring cleaning then you will want to mark your calendar for the Town’s Clean-up Days scheduled for May 13th and 14th.
Residents will have opportunity to dispose of larger items normally not picked up during regular weekly waste collection by bringing them to the Centennial Arena. During May 13th and 14th only, between 8:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m., Town staff will be on site to direct the placement of waste in designated large bins. Place your waste drop off by following categories: steel, wood, branches, electronics, or other. The site will be secured during closed hours.
Please note that the following items cannot be disposed of in the bins:
- Liquids and Hazardous materials
- Propane Tanks
- Appliances with ozone depleting substances (refrigerators, freezers, air conditioners)
WM Dyck & Sons (262 Main St.) will accept old paint, stain, varnish or water sealant provided these products are dropped off at their paint counter in their original container complete with a lid and label.
Residents may dispose of the following items at the Bristal Hauling yard site, 41135 6th Avenue North:
- No charge: Oil, Propane Tanks, Batteries, Metal, Tires without rims
- For a Fee
- Tires with rims - $15/tire
- Branches - pick-up truck or single axle trailer $10.00/load
- Anything over these load sizes will be $70/ton as they will be considered commercial
Grass clippings/leaves can continue to be dropped off at the Town’s compost site located north of the curling rink on Arena Road. Please smile as you will likely be on camera.
Looking forward to a successful 2017 Spring Cleaning!