Town Project Updates
June 26, 2018
Town Project update for week of June 26th
With summer now upon us and school about to be let out here is a brief update for residents on some of the work you may see going on around Town:
- 3rd Street South between 4th and 5th Avenues will be closed in the coming weeks for paving of the surface disrupted during last years sewer rehab work
- 6th Avenue South (south of Errington Way until Crown Valley) will be replaced, once schedule becomes firm more details will be provided. Anticipate partial road closures for a few weeks once work does begin.
- Annual road repairs are anticipated to begin throughout Town next week (keep an eye out for the heavy equipment on our streets)
- Niverville Cemeteries will be seeing continued landscaping and weed control work over the next couple of weeks. (Please note seeding and tree plantings will occur in the fall once the summer heat breaks) Hespeler Cemetery will see significant drainage improvement work as the future expansion work continues.
- Main Street sidewalks:
- North side between 2nd Avenue and 3rd Avenue will see paving occur in the next few days. Please avoid the area if possible by using the southside (prior to excavation) or 1st Street North.
- South side between 2nd Avenue and 3rd Avenue will see excavation begin in the next few days please be aware of heavy machinery and use northside once reopened or 1st Street South.
- The trees will be replaced in the fall once temperatures are more conducive to planting trees.
- Excavation crews will be out in the Wetlands within Hespeler Park in the next couple of weeks to create walking paths.
- Following the completion of another baseball season, new covered dugouts will be installed over the summer to improve the diamonds for the users.
We will provide more updates in the future as more information comes available.
The Town of Niverville