August 28, 2019 Update
August 28, 2019
Click "Read More" for the August 28th update.
1. Reminder to residents to please keep your sump pump water on your own property so that Town staff can continue to maintain the right of ways without creating ruts and muddy areas.
2. CRRC/ school parking lot is now complete. A vehicle and pedestrian access plan will be advertised within the next week.
3. The construction fence is up for the CRRC – please stay away from this area during construction.
4. Mulberry Avenue is currently under re-construction; please note the speed limit changes inside the construction zone. Once Mulberry Avenue has been re-built, both Mulberry Avenue and the rest of Center Street will be paved. Anticipated completion date of the paving is mid September.
5. Playground construction in Hespeler park is completed.
6. Due to the recent rains, the Town is pumping out the Fifth Avenue Estates lakes to bring them back within the normal operating levels.
7. Co-op renovation is in full swing. Please refrain from going inside the construction fence.
8. Reminder that the speed limit on gravel roads is 50 km/hr.
9. Paving of 6th Avenue South and the Town Office Parking Lot will be completed in September.
10. Residents are asked to be responsible pet owners, as dogs are required to be on a leash AT ALL TIMES in Hespeler Park.
11. Sewer Main Cleaning is scheduled to take place in September, affecting the following streets:
- Main Street
- 3rd Avenue N.
- 3rd Avenue S. (Main St. to Lift Station)
- 1st Street N. (Prairie Trail to 4th Avenue)
- 2nd Street N. (Prairie Trail to 4th Ave)
- Vista Cove
- Hampton Dr. (5th Avenue to Cobblestone Court)
- Hillcrest Court
- Bentley Place
- Cutlers Ridge
- Chadwick Drive
- Andover Place
- Hawksley Gate
- Cobblestone Court
- Errington Way
- Errington Place
Please note that there is no exact route or timeline. Occasionally during sewer cleaning, air pressure builds in the sewer line causing water to splash out of toilets, sinks and drains. Please take the following precautions to prevent water damage in your home:
- Close lids and cover toilet bowls when not in use.
- Insert drain plugs in all sinks and bathtubs when not in use.
- Remove all floor mats in bathrooms.
- Place an old towel around base of toilets.
- Cover all basement floor drains.
Sewer cleaning on rare occasions may leave an odor in the home. If so, please run some water down all sink and bathtub drains, flush toilets, pour a pail of water into each basement floor drain and open your windows. After a short time, the odor should disappear.
12. The splash pad continues to be in operation. Any concerns can be reported by calling 204-388-4600 Ext. 111.