Municipal Employee Policing Clerk
Niverville RCMP Satellite Detachment Office
The Town of Niverville is seeking a Municipal Employee Clerk to work directly with the St-Pierre-Jolys RCMP detachment in the local municipal policing satellite office. This is a half time position working a total of 20 hours per week. This position provides local administrative support to the St-Pierre-Jolys RCMP Detachment for community policing services with the satellite office serving as a recognizable entry point for accessing the RCMP.
The ideal candidate will be self- motivated, disciplined and community-minded who will be responsible for receiving citizen inquiries/complaints; providing information as necessary to address concerns; for dispatching the necessary information to on duty officers in response to calls for service; for initiating and creating files, maintaining databases, conducting Criminal Record checks; for providing statistical analysis reports; for entering and retrieving information in a number of related databases; for transcription duties; and for the collection and processing of funds associated to certain duties, such as Criminal Record checks.
Applicants need to possess:
- Knowledge of general office practices/procedures;
- Experience in dealing with documents/materials/situations which are sensitive and confidential in nature;
- Extensive customer service skills with ability to prioritize activities;
- Radio communication and telephone skills or a demonstrated aptitude to learn the skills;
- Demonstrated ability to work in an unsupervised environment.
- Ability to achieve full security designation through a comprehensive security screening process as required for the position which includes but is not limited to criminal record checks and background confirmation.
- Computer skills including knowledge of MS Word and database management software with training in the required databases to be provided through the RCMP.
- Due to working in an office associated with RCMP functions, there is a bilingual requirement .
Preference will be given to Niverville residents. Interested applicants should submit a resume along with a cover letter indicating the position they are applying for and their qualifications to the following:
Municipal Employee Clerk
Town of Niverville
The position will remain open until a suitable candidate has been found. We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Click link below for the full job description.