September 17, 2019 Town Update
September 17, 2019
Click "Read More" more the current Town update.
1. Sewer cleaning started today in Fifth Avenue Estates. Please visit www.whereyoubelong.ca for a full list of streets that will be affected and suggestions for precautions to take to minimize any water damage to your home.
2. Paving of Mulberry Avenue and Centre Street has started, please avoid the area.
3. Paving of 6th Avenue S. This project has experienced delays due to weather related scheduling challenges with Maple Leaf. They still plan to complete the project this fall. Keep in mind, when they do start the road will be closed to all traffic during prep and paving.
4. The pedestrian crossing at Mulberry Avenue will be completed within the next few weeks.
5. Once the pedestrian crossing at Mulberry is complete; Arena Road will be closed to pedestrian and vehicle traffic. Pedestrians (Students and residents) are asked to walk on the south side of 311 down the Drovers Run path to the crossing at Mulberry Avenue.
6. The compost site has been temporarily moved and is now located just west of the Arena in the new parking lot. A blue Bristal hauling bin is there where residents can back up to it and dispose of their compost. Please do no put your garbage in there otherwise the compost will have to be dumped at the landfill instead of being recycled. Direction Signs are posted. Please note that this area is under 24-hour surveillance.
7. Sidewalk construction along 6th Avenue S. has started today. Once completed there will be one continuous sidewalk from Cambridge Way backlane to Errington Way.